Monday, December 8, 2014

Praying For John Deere

Dearest Andrew,
You love your John Deere dump truck.  GiGi and Papa have one that you loved to play with, so I put one on your Christmas list last year.  I didn't pay attention to the size however, I just know it looked right on the screen.  Hehe. :)  When you opened it, it was WAY bigger than the one GiGi and Papa have!  Grandma got it for you and thought I was crazy for asking for such a big truck for you!  Hehe!  I couldn't believe how big it actually was!  I vaguely remember you could fit in the back that Christmas morning as one of your uncles pushed you around. :)   Now, you can't fit in it, but you love to play with it all the same.  It carries loads all over the house.  I hear those wheels on the tile as you race through the house pushing John Deere along.  That is what you call him, you actually call him John Deere. Too cute.  :)  I don't know if I have mentioned it on here or not, but you have the BEST imagination there is!  You love to pretend and I love pretending with you! Tonight, not long before bed, you told me John Deere was sick.  I asked how he was sick and you pointed to his ailment (that I couldn't see, but oh how I pretended I could! :) ).  I said, "Well, maybe you should pray for John Deere."  That's when it happened.  That's when you did one of the sweetest things to date.  You closed your little eyes tightly, laid your hand on your truck, and uttered this short prayer:
"Dear Lord, please touch John Deere.  Please help him to get better.  In Jesus's name, Amen."
You were SO sincere!  I know you learned that from me praying for you, but it just touched my heart so deeply!  Sure you were just pretending and of course the truck wasn't really hurt (and it's just a toy), but I love that you know to do that!  You make Mommy so happy!  I love that you have a heart for Jesus at this young age and that you know who to call on when things go wrong.  I know you don't understand it fully, but for what you know, you believe with all your heart!  Keep living for Him little man!  Even when you don't understand, even when it may seem hard, God will always be there and He will always help you through!  For now we pray for our trucks and skinned knees, but as you grow, I pray your faith in Him will as well!  I love you!!!

No comments: