Monday, February 2, 2015

Aaron and His First Solid Food

Dearest Aaron,
Well today you finally tried your first solid food, rice cereal.  You loved it! It was also your first time to sit in the high chair and you couldn't quit smiling! :) You kicked those little legs (that's what you do when you get excited) and opened your mouth wide for each bite.  You actually managed to keep a good amount in your mouth.  Very impressive little man! :)
Okay, okay, so really do you want the truth?  This is an "Dearest Andrew and Aaron" exclusive.  Your first "official" solid food was rice cereal.  That's what I put on Facebook.  That is what will go in your baby book and Mommy's planner. :D But really, your first taste of food was vanilla pudding.  Hehe. Oops!  It wasn't much, but you seemed over the moon for it!  Mommy was holding you during lunch one day (that's a whole 'nother story! :P ) and I was enjoying a little cup of pudding.  You kept looking at me like I was a traitor.  You watched every single bite go into my mouth and even grabbed for my spoon.  So when I was done and there was a little left over, I let you taste it.  Then I freaked out and googled "Can you give an infant vanilla pudding?".  Haha,  You were fine.  It was fine.  Not recommended, but fine.  And I imagine it will be a very long time until you have it again.  Sorry buddy.  But I got all kinds of pureed goodness coming atcha in the next few months.  You'll love it though, I promise! :)
I sure love you little buddy!  More than you could ever, ever know!

No comments: