Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Andrew & His Papa

Dearest Andrew,
Here is a picture of you and your papa.  Papa is Mommy’s daddy and one of Mommy’s very favorite people in the world!  I had some other pictures of you and your papa but they were accidentally deleted.  I took this picture when we were visiting Papa and GiGi in April of this year.
Anyway, your papa sure loves you!  He keeps asking Mommy to let you come stay with him, but Mommy has the hardest time letting you go!  When you finally do, I am sure you and Papa will have a blast!  I know he will teach you many things, just like he taught your mommy.  First of all, if you are Papa’s pal, you have to like sports, or at least appreciate your Papa’s interest in sports (like Mommy, hehe).  Papa will teach you all about basketball (with the OKC Thunder), football (with the OU Sooners), golf, and even a little racing.  A little known fact about Mommy is I love watching golf!  That may sound funny since Mommy is not a sports fan, but I grew up watching with Papa and always thinks of him when I watch golf.  Of course, I only watch it with your Papa, but I still enjoy it!
Papa will also take you on your first lawn mower ride.  Your cousins Zane and Sky love to ride on Papa’s lawn mower and when you are big enough, you can too.  You will have lots of adventures together and Mommy can’t wait for them to begin, but Papa will teach you some other things as well.  He will teach you how to respect others, how we don’t need to talk bad about other people (Mommy never hears Papa say anything unkind about others), and how to see the world through the eyes of a very kind, good, and decent man.  If you grow up to be anything at all like your papa, that would be a very, very good thing!  I have so many wonderful memories of my childhood because of my daddy.  He truly was the very best daddy a girl could ever have and will be the very best Papa as well.  When I thought of who you would be years before you came to us, I would always think what a great day it would be when you would meet your Papa for the first time, and he would meet you.  I am so glad you have each other and can’t wait for all the memories the two of you will make! 
I love you my little man!
Love,
Mommy

No comments: