Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Andrew's First Leap Day

Dearest Andrew,
Well today was a bit of an unusual day. Today was Leap Day. I know it occurs every 4 years, but I wasn’t exactly sure why. I looked it up on one of my favorite sites, Wikipedia, and this is what it said:

A leap year (or intercalary or bissextile year) is a year containing one additional day (or, in the case of lunisolar calendars, a month) in order to keep the calendar year synchronized with the astronomical or seasonal year.

So did we do anything special? Not really. Did Mommy take any cute pictures of her precious boy on his first leap year? Nope. Did I take any pictures on this special day that only comes once every four years? Weeell, I did take a few pictures of your nursery because I was thinking how cute it was. That was it. Hehe, I guess it wasn’t that big of a deal to me after all. I still had to write something because the next time we will see one you will be FOUR almost FIVE years old! That seems like a lifetime away. Okay well, there wasn’t much point to this blog, but I at least thought I should mention it. I know, I know…Mommy’s weird. I love you little man!

Love,
Mommy

No comments: