Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Plans He Has For You...

Dearest Andrew,
Well I can’t believe it, but you are now four months old. To me, as strange as it may be, it is a milestone. Maybe because I told myself that would be the time I would finally put you in your crib. I’m not really sure, but it seems like a big deal. Tonight you are in your crib to sleep for the first time. I took the bumper pad out, installed a musical device on the side that projects images onto the ceiling, and put you down. You are sleeping away right now. I hope you like it.

Before I go to bed, I will lay my hands on you and pray for you like I have every single night since we brought you home. I pray so many things for you dear one. I pray that you will be close to God all of your life. I pray you will be a witness to your classmates and your coworkers. I pray that you will stay away from things that will harm you. I pray that people will see your light shine. I pray that you will be popular, but not for being the school jock or the coolest kid, but because you love Jesus and people and that others will see that in you. I want people to see a difference in you. I pray you will show God’s love to everyone. I know you will face trying times, heartache, and grief. We all do. I just pray that you learn to lean on God during these times. I pray for your wife and pray the same things for her. I pray that you both will be awesome witnesses of God’s love, grace, and mercy. God has great plans for you Andrew. I know He does. He says in Jeremiah 29:11:


“For I know the plans I have for you”, declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (NIV)


What does he have planned for you? I don’t know, but I know that it is good, because everything that God does is good. I love you so much and am thankful daily for you being in my life. You have made a change in Mommy’s life. Because of you, I have drawn closer to the Lord. Something about being a parent makes me understand God’s love a little better. I know I will never fully comprehend such an all-consuming love such as that, but I feel as if I understand it somewhat better. I can’t wait to see what God has in store for you! I can’t wait to see where He leads us as a family. I know this, we are blessed to have each other and we will face all that comes, good and bad, together. We are a strong family, because we have God on our side. Always know how much He loves you. And always know how much Mommy and Daddy love you too! Sleep well tonight little one!

Love,
Mommy


PS - This picture was taken the other day while we were out running around. You were looking up at Daddy! I think someone is pretty fond of their daddy! :)

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Thanks for making me CRY first thing in the morning!! Andrew is going to cherish this someday. <3

And by the way, LOVE the new layout!