Thursday, October 13, 2011

Like Father, Like Son (and a Little Like Mommy Too)

Dearest Andrew,
We had a blast on vacation back in September. You, Daddy, and I all went to Nashville, TN. It was the first time any of us had been there, other than driving through. It was your first time for sure. We had so much fun! Mimi and Pop gave us a week at a very nice condo and we vacationed in style! You and Daddy took this picture at a park in Nashville. I just snapped it quickly with my phone and didn't think another thing about it. When I got back to the condo and saw it on the computer, I was amazed at how adorable the picture turned out! Daddy doesn't like that his eyes are kind of closed, but it is Mommy's very favorite picture of the two of you so far. You and Daddy didn't plan to dress alike, but it made the picture even better.

Your daddy loves you more than you can ever know, and this picture shows you love your daddy too. From the moment you arrived, everyone said you looked just like him. I will never forget something your daddy said the day you were born. He came back from watching you get your first bath and showing you off and said, "Well everyone keeps saying how much he looks like me, and then they say how cute he is. I guess that means I'm cute!" Haha! I have a feeling you will get your sense of humor from him and as much as you already "talk", you'll get that from me.

Daddy is not perfect and neither is Mommy. I pray though, that you get the best from both of us. Your daddy is one of the most upstanding, God-fearing, holy men I know. I pray you get that from him. Mommy has a soft heart and a happy spirit. I hope you get that from me. We love you so much! You are the greatest joy of our lives!


Love,
Mommy

No comments: