Thursday, August 16, 2012

My Little 14th Month Old (And Happy Birthday Aunt Jenn!)


Dearest Andrew,
Today you are 14 months old.  Wait…didn’t you just turn 13 months old, yesterday???  I’m pretty sure you did.  Sigh… Well, this has been a big month for you little man.  You have done so much, that I am going to put it in a list format instead of paragraph, otherwise we’ll be here forever!  Hehe!  Some of these things have already been mentioned in previous posts, but this has what has happened the past month in a nut shell.
  • You have started pointing to things you want.  It is so cute and SO helpful!  When you want yogurt, you point to yogurt.  When you want a drink, you point to your drink.  No more guessing games for Mommy.  You are communicating with me!  I love this!
  • You had your very first haircut!  Oh my, I was so (beyond!!!) nervous, but you look ADORABLE with your new haircut!  Grandma and Mimi were not too thrilled that we cut off all your curls, but it needed to be done.  As Mimi says, you no longer look like a baby.  You did right up until your hair was cut, but it instantly aged you.  Nonetheless, you are one handsome little dude.
  • With your first haircut came your very first sucker.  The stylist asked if you wanted a sucker and I was like, “Uh, well…he’s never had one.”  Daddy and I agreed you could have one under a very watchful eye and if you started to crunch on it, it would have to go.  As soon as you put that sucker in your mouth (it was a cherry Dum Dum) you were in L-O-V-E!!!  You didn’t dare try to bite that thing, you couldn’t get enough of it!  You sucked that thing out of existence!  When I pulled it out of your mouth, it was no bigger than a pencil eraser.  You haven’t had one since (the idea of that sugar sitting on your teeth bugs me), but it was a rare treat you thoroughly enjoyed!
  • You celebrated birthdays with Mommy and Daddy.  We had such a great time celebrating with just our little family.
  • You got to draw for the first time, with help of course.  Mimi helped you make three signs for Mommy’s birthday that simply melted my heart.  It was so beautiful!  Then I helped you draw all over Daddy’s birthday card and I think his heart melted too.  Hehe!
  • You said your 4th and 5th words.  First came “hello” where you put an object that looks similar to a phone up to your ear and say hello!  SOOO cute!    Your 5th word was “light”.  You say this one ALL the time!  You point to lights and light fixtures that aren’t even turned on (even some lamps) and say “ight”.  Okay, that is SOOO cute too!  Hehe!
  • You…started…dancing!!!  Oh help me Rhonda!  That has got to be the CUTEST thing I have ever seen.  I can’t even describe the cuteness factor here, it is off the charts!  Sigh…
  • You started drinking from a straw and can now drink all by yourself!  What a milestone!  We switched to sippy cups with straws in them and you are doing such a great job with them.
  • Your walking has improved so much, I can now walk with you while holding your hand.  This includes walking to the car.  This is super helpful because I usually have a few things I am carrying to the car.  You are slow, but you are very steady on your feet.  On your own though, you are one fast little guy!  I swear any day now, you are going to take off running!
Okay, well I think that is it…I think.  I may think of something else, but like I said, it was a big month for you!  You are growing up so very fast!  I always post a picture of you on the day you turned another month older and today I took pictures of you holding a sign for Mommy's best friend Jennifer's birthday.  As you can see, you are very good at sitting still (NOT!).  Hehe!  Fortunately, Super Grover was willing to step in and save the day!  He was able to sit very still!  I guess he is a super hero after all.  Anyway, we call her Aunt Jenn (well, you don't, not yet anyway), even though she is technically not your aunt.  However, Jenn and I are very close and it feels like she is my sister.  I love her so much and I can tell you do too.  

Okay, well here’s looking forward to a great 14th month!  I love you Andrew!
Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Jenn said...

It was my best birthday present ever!! I love you both more than words can say. :) Mister Andrew is going to love these posts some day when he understands what they truly mean. <3