Monday, March 17, 2014

Andrew and the Apple

Dearest Andrew,
So...you are a very picky eater, did you know that?  Like VERY.  No child can be perfect though, right? :) Anyway, we had to run into Wally World to get some oil for Daddy and when we walked passed the apples, you went right to them and asked if you could have one.  We were like, "Uh...YES!!!!"  Lol.  You picked one up and I took the sticker off to give to the cashier and cleaned it for you.  I.  Was.  Thrilled!!!  I took a little bite out of it so it would be easier for you.  You turned the apple around in your hands, licked it, took teeny tiny bites, and repeated this process for a minute or so.  Then you promptly threw the apple down in the cart like, "Well, that was a fun experiment!"  Booger. :)  I guess that was a good thing because I only then remembered that apples are priced by weight.  Oops.  So I guess I am glad only one bite was missing, but oh how I wish you would have really dug in and eaten that apple!  A mommy can only dream! :) I know someday eating an apple will be no big deal, but I was thrilled even with your attempt to eat one.  We'll get there.  Someday you will be eating apples (and other fruits and veggies) like a pro.  And they won't even be mashed.  Hehe.  Love you bug!

No comments: